RemoveFromConference

Oct 4, 2013 at 8:32 AM
Edited Oct 4, 2013 at 8:33 AM
Hello,

I've created a conference with the following method:
  • initial call (with MakeCall)
  • SetupConference on the initial call.
  • make a new call and after receiving the Conferenced state for it, AddToConference (called for the ConferenceCall).
It seems to work fine up to this point.
I should add a functionality for removing a participant from the conference.
I've tried with RemoveFromConference (ConferenceCall.RemoveFromConference(participant)), but it ends up with the following error: lineRemoveFromConference failed [0xFFFFFFFF8000001C] Operation not permitted in current call state.
The Participant is in Conferenced state, and the ConferenceCall in Connected state.

Can you help me with this problem?
Beata
Coordinator
Oct 4, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Have you tried just dropping the call? There's no standard for conferencing - it's all based on how the hardware works and how the vendor decided to mirror that in TAPI. So, some systems allow you to remove the call, some you just drop the call, some you can't remove calls without breaking the conference. I'd check with the vendor and see what they say if you can't seem to find a way to do what you want.

mark
Oct 7, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Hello,

I've tried also just dropping the call, but it doesn't work.
I've checked all the conferenced calls, using the GetRelatedConferenceCalls function.
For all calls, the CanDrop and CanRemoveFromConference returns false, exepting the ConferenceCall. For the ConferenceCall CanDrop is true, and CanRemoveFromConference is false.
I've checked also the RemoveFromConferenceTypes property, and this returns Unknown.

We are using CISCO TSP, I will check also on the CISCO forum.

Thank you!
Coordinator
Oct 7, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Ah, well, if those flags are false then the provider doesn't allow for it in the current state. Perhaps you need to place the conference on hold before it can drop calls? It's all dependent on the hardware and it's capabilities. Cisco would have the definitive answer.

Good luck!
mark