TapiCall Tag

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Hi any help with this greatly appreciated.

For the TapiCall object there is a Tag object. Has anybody ever seen this populated?

I've been trying to use the "Tag" option in Avaya IP Office to send the originating called number (the DDI) through to a hunt group as the called id is only displaying the hunt group id (for example 1001 and not 0800111111).

I was hoping that setting the tag for these numbers would populate the Tag object but it only shows "null".

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2013 at 11:05 PM
Is the call object the same? What I mean is, I assume you aren't attempting to "pass" the tag from the source to destination of the call. Tag is, as far as I know, a local element only that is associated specifically with the call object and has no data-wire representation.
Feb 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM
Hi Mark,

I've read more into this since posting and I realise that the Tag object is not the same as what I am looking for. It just happens to have the same name.

The problem we've got is that the Avaya IP Office suite is replacing the originating CalledID with the hunt group ID.
They provide a "tag" in the incoming call route so you can hard code a number for the IP office to send through, but I can't see this in TAPI anywhere. I had hoped this many help, but it does not.

Do you happen to know if there is a way of discovering this "Tag" via TAPI?
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Hi Ian,

I'm not aware of anything like that in TAPI. I'd recommend you check with the manufacturer/developer of the TSP; often things like this are placed into device-specific areas and then documented as such.

Best Regards,
mark

Mark Smith

On Saturday, February 16, 2013 at 3:17 PM, ianrathbone wrote:

Hi Mark,

I've read more into this since posting and I realise that the Tag object is not the same as what I am looking for. It just happens to have the same name.

The problem we've got is that the Avaya IP Office suite is replacing the originating CalledID with the hunt group ID.
They provide a "tag" in the incoming call route so you can hard code a number for the IP office to send through, but I can't see this in TAPI anywhere. I had hoped this many help, but it does not.

Do you happen to know if there is a way of discovering this "Tag" via TAPI?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (atapi@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email atapi@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com