Put TAPI 2.0 functions in web service

Jul 18, 2012 at 1:25 AM

Hi,

I'm a newbie in TAPI and need to get some opinions for this.

I need to implement the feature to make call from a web client.  I don't need the receive call feature.  So is it feasible to put the TAPI 2.0 function in the web service which the web client will use to make a call?  The TAPI function will need to make the call thru a PBX system.

Thanks in advanced.

Coordinator
Jul 18, 2012 at 4:55 AM
Sure. Should work fine.

On Jul 17, 2012, at 7:25 PM, lphor <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

I'm a newbie in TAPI and need to get some opinions for this.

I need to implement the feature to make call from a web client. I don't need the receive call feature. So is it feasible to put the TAPI 2.0 function in the web service which the web client will use to make a call? The TAPI function will need to make the call thru a PBX system.

Thanks in advanced.

Jul 19, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Appreciate if I can get some help for this.

I've put the make call function in the web service and it seems to work fine.

Now I try to put the drop call function in the web service but I'm just unable to get back my call anymore in order to drop it on a line.

After I open a line and I use TapiLine.GetCalls method but it returns nothing.

How do I get back the active call on a line?

Thanks.

Coordinator
Jul 19, 2012 at 10:19 PM
You need to keep it around. If the GC collects the call, TAPI will dump it. So, when you place the call, keep the returning object in your service - alive so the GC doesn't collect it.

Mark Smith

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 4:18 PM, lphor wrote:

Appreciate if I can get some help for this.

I've put the make call function in the web service and it seems to work fine.

Now I try to put the drop call function in the web service but I'm just unable to get back my call anymore in order to drop it on a line.

After I open a line and I use TapiLine.GetCalls method but it returns nothing.

How do I get back the active call on a line?

Thanks.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (atapi@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email atapi@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com