MakeCall displaying Call Status dialog

Jun 15, 2016 at 2:18 PM
Hi,

I want to use ATAPI for data communications. I have structured most of the implementation but I need to suppress the "Call Status" dialog when making a connection. How can I do this?

Alternately, I can't find a way to create a TapiCall object so that I can use the Dial method.

Regards,
PDC
Jun 15, 2016 at 3:44 PM

Afaik you can't. That dialog is coming from the driver, not from TAPI. You can create a call by calling MakeCall with no number. Then use Dial o actually dial the number.

Jun 15, 2016 at 4:25 PM
Hi,

That's unfortunate. I am converting an communication application from Delphi to .NET. The Delphi implementation used TurboPower tools. I need to implement the same communications features, one of which is data transfer via modem.

I started with the ITapi3 library and got as far as being connected but I can't open a stream. I have looked at the Streams property and then the CreateStream method but I can't see a way to read and write to through the port to the modem. Am I missing something? I have searched the internet for a solution for days and nothing seems to describe how to open and write to a stream through a port.

Any suggestions?

Regards,
PDC
Jun 15, 2016 at 4:29 PM

Why not use the SerialPort class? Just use modem commands. Then you can talk directly to the modem