NewCall not firing up

Dec 2, 2013 at 10:40 AM
Hi,

I want create a incoming call list. But the event NewCall not occured. Here my code:
        myTAPI = New TapiManager("Phone.Net")

If Not myTAPI.Initialize Then
            MessageBox.Show("CAMidCall konnte nicht initialisiert werden.", "Fehler", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)

Application.DoEvents()

End
        Else

lineArray = myTAPI.Lines

For i As Integer = 0 To lineArray.Length - 1

cmbLines.Items.Add(lineArray(i).Name)

lineArray(i).Open(MediaModes.All)

AddHandler lineArray(i).NewCall, AddressOf line_NewCall
                AddHandler lineArray(i).CallStateChanged, AddressOf line_CallStateChanged
                AddHandler lineArray(i).Ringing, AddressOf line_Ringing

Next
        End If
Thank you!
Jan 9, 2014 at 12:28 PM
Hi Camid,

I think the problem is that you need to set linearray to monitor the lines in the array.

Add linearray.monitor() before the Next in the code above.
Mar 6, 2014 at 5:09 PM
My understanding is that you use TAPILine.Monitor if you only want to monitor calls, and TAPILine.Open if you want to also be able to initiate calls.

I have my code setup just like yours because I want to be able to both watch calls and make calls, and I have noticed the events don't fire unless I first initiate a phone call using .MakeCall. For some reason once I do that everything starts working.

If anyone has a better way I would love to hear it because this is causing me problems.

Right now I call MakeCall("") which appears to work to get the ball rolling, but sometimes doing that throws an error and breaks everything. I can't seem to nail down a better way, nor can I figure out why it sometimes throws an error.

Thanks,
-Bo