Newbees

Oct 29, 2013 at 2:02 PM
Hi,

I am a newbee to ATAPI and TAPI Per Se

do you have any sample projects for 3rd Party TAPI Use using yr .net wrapper for VB.net or c#?
Oct 29, 2013 at 2:57 PM
Hi,

TAPI doesn't really support 3rd party telephony directly, at least not in my opinion. The solution provided by Microsoft is to put the TSP onto a Windows Server box which is connected to the PBX/Switch/ACD and then use a special TSP on the client side to connect to it via the server. It always seemed kind of a lame approach to me. Here's an old support document about it: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/259375

The upside of this approach however is that the programming model is identical - so you can look at any 1st party TAPI code and it works in the 3rd party approach too because they are the same from the apps perspective.

mark

Oct 29, 2013 at 3:04 PM
Hi,

I think I understand this bit. My assumption is that I itterate through the Lines and create a object for each line.

what I was actually looking for was some sample code using yr .net library, for opening multiple lines and getting events (specifically alerting and connected) for a specific line?

am I being a bit cheeky?
Oct 29, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Not at all, there are some simple ones here (make sure to read ATAPI, not ITAPI3 which is for TAPI 3.0):

I also have a suite of simple testing samples - I need to upload them here. I'll see if I can find time today to do that.

mark

Oct 29, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Hi,

Many thanks.
the following link is dead:

http://www.julmar.com/atapi_help/index.aspx

Also, should I be targetting .net 4?

regards
Oct 29, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Not sure where you got the link - I don't think it ever worked ;-)

Yes, ATAPI uses .NET4, but feel free to download the source and recompile it for whatever version you need - it works on 2.0 as well if you recompile it.

Nov 4, 2013 at 2:27 PM
Make sure to grab the full source from the source code tab - it has several very simple examples of using the library.

mark