Exceptions in TapiCall.cs

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Hi Mark,

when starting the monitor application we randomly get exceptions in TapiCall.cs.
The debugger mostly stops at: rc = NativeMethods.lineGetCallStatus(_hCall, pLcs);
The message is named 'ObjektDisposeException' - 'it was not handled by usercode' - SafeHandle closed.
It seems to be a synchronisation issue between differnt tasks. I've no experience with use of multithreading in c#. i only know this troubles in applications for embedded system. Wrong handling with functions like Lock, Unlock, Mutual Exclusions and handling of Interrupts are mostly the cause of this issues. So it's not easy to me, to analyze the problem.
It could be, that i’m on the wrong track with my assumption.

Best Regards
Joachim

P.S. Excuse my bad english! We use the Alcatel TAPI Service Provider Version 6.7.2925.001
Coordinator
Jul 17, 2013 at 3:50 PM
I'm guessing its a bug in the monitor app itself; that was just a sample thrown together to show off how to see inbound calls. It's likely not a threading bug since the app (and the library) are not multi-threaded but more likely it's a race condition - you have to hold onto the calls or turn off the auto-disposal in the library. Where did you download the sample from?

mark